Viking’s presence at Intersec Expo 2023 in Dubai focusses on innovation. As part of the German Pavilion, the company offers a first-hand view on its VR training “Virtual Viking” and its fixed SFFF foam system range, amongst others.
Booth experience from “Virtual Viking” to innovative product highlights Viking has enhanced its Virtual Reality training “Virtual Viking” for valve systems. This innovative training approach is one of the highlights at Viking’s 2023 Intersec booth. There is a dedicated area reserved where visitors can enter the digital training surroundings and try it out. Viking experts are present to instruct and give background information.
With “Virtual Viking”, users can experience a fire in a building and how that fire is controlled by the use of a fire protection system. Additionally, trainees can learn interactively how to place a valve in working service, get a feel for system components and operate various interfaces – all at highest international standard. Newest additions to the interactive in-depth simulator for guided training in fire protection systems are a course on the OXEO inert gas system and a simulation of a foam suppression system. The software offers a fully immersive 3D environment like never before.
Next to “Virtual Viking”, the company displays further samples of its innovative product portfolio. A few highlight examples:
- In 2022, the company established water mist systems as fifth major product line and fully launched Fireking CAS FK as part of its gas systems portfolio – Viking’s experts are available to further explain and discuss.
- With the successful introduction of the Viking ARK at the end of 2021, the company offers the market leading fixed SFFF foam systems range. A dedicated area at the Viking booth allows for the full experience.
- Viking offers specially engineered or customized solutions for foam based projects with KCA in-house design and manufacturing capabilities for special hazards – the booth offers the opportunity to dive deeper into this topic.
- Viking presents the smallest available industrial triple IR flame detector on the market. It can activate a fire suppression system within milliseconds.
- Visitors can experience flame detectors with integrated cameras from Viking VSF, including live video demos – see what the detectors view, displayed on portable devices.
Daily seminar on Fluorine Free Firefighting Foams (SFFF) after successful 2022 sessions
Viking and Fomtec provide a daily seminar on the subject of PFAS and Fluorine Free Firefighting Foams (SFFF). Following on from the very successful Intersec 2022 seminars detailing the environmental and legislative impacts of PFAS containing foams, Viking’s Simon Barratt and Fomtec’s Andy Hall now focus on SFFF product selection in accordance with NFPA11 and existing system transitioning challenges. The recently enhanced line of FM Approved fluorine free fixed foam systems for hydrocarbon and polar solvent applications is also on view.
To read more news and exclusive features see our latest issue here.