The Grouping of Technical Services and Buildings of the ‘LOT ET GARONNE’ Firefighters is constantly on the lookout for technical developments in intervention and safety equipment in order to optimise the interventions quality, facilitate the work of teams and protect staff who is physically exposed during rescue operations.
It is in this context that the staff of the Operational, Territorial, Technical, and Training Service Groups met on the morning of Wednesday 16 June on the departmental training technical platform located near Cahors (France) to participate in a day of testing firefighting equipment.
Smoke removal operations
All LEADER fire equipment was tested during this test day at Cahors (FRANCE). Below is the program for this day, rich in relevant and constructive discussions:
- Positive Pressure Ventilation and smoke removal operations with the BATFAN 3 Li + battery fan
- LEADER TIC thermal imaging camera tests
- Tests of several different types of firefighting nozzles with different flow rates
- Aluminum nozzles and composite material nozzles
- Automatic nozzles and selectable flow nozzles
- Classic or trigger nozzles
- The LEADER HP PN 40 compact High-Pressure nozzles have also been tested with their new firefighting vehicle
LEADER offers 3 different sizes of nozzles with several flow rates and different functions. It is thus possible to customise a nozzle thanks to the different variants and combinations in order to obtain the most suitable nozzle for field needs!
Reliable firefighting equipment
For more than 35 years, LEADER has been developing, manufacturing, and supplying reliable firefighting equipment & rescue equipment and has offered them worldwide to Fire and Rescue Services (Firefighters), Civil Security, Navy, NGOs, Industry at risk.
To meet the advancing challenges of fire hazards and search & rescue missions, equipment must continually evolve and adapt to be more effective while ensuring maximum safety for workers. To meet these challenges, LEADER is committed to constant innovation and new technologies and has its own in-house Research & Development team which works alongside end-users to design and develop the equipment that will be available tomorrow.
To test the equipment and assess its performance, LEADER continually invests in its infrastructure:
- Water and High-Expansion Foam test room
- Ventilation test room
- Fire test area in fire container – Fire extinguishing equipment
- Casualty Search Equipment test area
To read more exclusive features and latest news please see our February issue here.