French founded manufacturer of firefighting and search and rescue equipment, LEADER, details why their innovation is market leading
To design and supply firefighting and search rescue professionals with high-tech, strong and reliable USAR and firefighting material in all circumstances, to protect and rescue people and assets. LEADER has been a recognised manufacturer of fire and rescue material since 1985.
Its mission is to design and supply firefighting and search and rescue professionals and security managers with high-tech, strong and reliable USAR and firefighting material in all circumstances, to protect and rescue people and assets.
Made up of three complementary business lines with 140 employees, LEADER GROUP has a global offer based on complementary technologies with the same purpose: to protect and save. This wealth of skills enables the LEADER Group to position itself today as an essential manufacturer of fire and emergency equipment:
- LEADER S.A.S based in Octeville sur Mer, France (76): Design, manufacture and sale of firefighting, search and rescue and training equipment worldwide.
- BIOEX based in Montrottier, France (69): Development, manufacture and sale of firefighting foam and foam additives worldwide.
- TEMPEST based in Fresno, USA: Design, manufacture and sale of firefighting equipment (blowers and saws) worldwide.
Since 1985, LEADER has studied the challenges linked to firefighting and search and rescue missions and offers adapted solutions. Through its sales team, its subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, branches in Latin America and China, and an international distribution network, LEADER operates throughout the world to work as closely as possible with its customers.
An organisation which supports its customers
To ensure optimal and long-term use of the equipment, LEADER offers training on setup, usage and maintenance. This training can be provided at the company’s premises or at the customer’s site.
Innovation to protect and rescue
To deal with ever-changing fire risks and search and rescue missions, firefighting equipment must continue to develop and be increasingly efficiency, whilst ensuring that firefighters are as safe as possible. To respond to these challenges, LEADER, fire and rescue equipment specialist, is strongly focused on innovation and new technologies, employing its own research and development team. This team develops with end users the fire and rescue equipment that will be offered tomorrow. To test validate this equipment and evaluate its performance, LEADER continues to invest in its own infrastructure: test rooms, outdoor test areas etc.
A major player in the fire and USAR world
Established in France, Germany, United States of America and China as well as internationally plan thanks to a large network of more than 300 distributors, LEADER is a worldwide recognised manufacturers of innovative fire and rescue equipment. For more than 35 years, LEADER has developed and manufactured increasingly high-performance equipment. We supply to Fire & Rescue Departments (Firefighters), Public Safety services, at risk industries, the Navy and other armed forces etc across fie continents.
Four ranges of equipment are offered by LEADER including:
- Firefighting Equipment: Firefighting blower fans, thermal imaging cameras, firefighting nozzles and monitors, firefighting foam educators etc.
- Search and Rescue Equipment: Victim search apparatus such as search cameras and seismic/radar life detectors etc.
- Safety and Monitoring Equipment for Responders Protection: Stability monitors and Warning Alarm for Stability Protection
- Training Equipment: Fire extinguishing trainer, training extinguisher and smoke generators.
With a strong national presence, LEADER is one of the top search and rescue and firefighting material manufacturers in France. Also, with a significant international presence, LEADER is one of the leading USAR equipment suppliers and firefighter equipment suppliers worldwide. LEADER S.A.S. now has over 65 employees and is part of the LEADER GROUP which is made up of 3 complementary business lines: LEADER, BIOEX and TEMPEST.
A significant commitment
When a customer chooses LEADER equipment, they can be guaranteed that they are getting high-quality and compliant products. These products have been created and tested in company workshops by professionals specialising in mechanics and electronics. ISO 9001 certified since 1999, LEADER:
Performs inspections throughout the manufacturing process, as well as on finished products before dispatch and continually trains all employees.
To remain a leading search and rescue and firefighting equipment supplier, the LEADER GROUP uphold a set of important core group values such as:
- Listening: A quality which encourages continual improvement based on a good understanding of customer needs.
- Innovation: The driving force of the group on a daily basis and leading our core strategy!
- Teamwork: Liaising and supporting each other, sharing ideas that encourage diversity to progress and a shared focus to meet objectives.
- Professionalism: Teams working within the group are trained and qualified. Everyone is dedicated to contributing their skills to the customer.
- Safety: Safety is a daily commitment for everyone.
- Entrepreneurship: Initiatives highlight each person’s effort to work towards new areas of development.
To read more exclusive articles and latest news, see our last issue here.