A trusted provider of fire safety for over 100 years, Kidde announced the launch of the Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm with smart features and corresponding new mobile app.
Designed for Wi-Fi connectivity, the alarm and app function not only as a standalone safety solution, but, notably, is the first smart system that can transform existing Kidde hardwired interconnected alarms into smart ones with an easy and fully integrated solution that offers whole-home protection. Kidde is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, a global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions.
With Wi-Fi connectivity and Kidde app integration, the fully integrated system offers the features and capabilities homeowners need to manage their Kidde home safety systems with confidence and to respond quickly and efficiently – wherever they are.
With traditional interconnected systems, when an alarm in the group goes off, all connected devices sound simultaneously. Adding Kidde’s new Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm and mobile app with Wi-Fi connectivity now makes it possible to receive alerts via mobile notification.
Kidde’s Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm and app places real-time information on potential issues and alarm status at users’ fingertips. In addition to whole-home protection, the product capabilities include:
- Double the detection: Alerts occupants to both smoke and carbon monoxide (CO), providing defense against two common home safety threats in a single alarm.
- 10-year guarantee: Alarms are powered by 120V AC with a sealed long-life lithium backup battery that lasts for 10 years – the entire life of the device.
- Simple setup: Easily add alarms by scanning the QR code on the back of the product.
- Voice control capabilities: Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Use voice commands to check alarm status and connection.
- Notify friends and family: Option to notify relatives, friends or others if smoke or carbon monoxide is detected.
- Voice alerts: Voice warning alerts of “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is present, “Warning: Carbon Monoxide!” when CO is detected, or “Replace Alarm” at the device end of life.
- Smart Hush feature: Temporarily silences false alarms when users are in the home.
“Kidde’s Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarms with smart features provide families the ability to rest easy knowing the people, places and things that matter most are always protected. It’s a new level of control and connectivity from Kidde that leverages technology and IoT for a safer home,” said Isis Wu, Vice President & General Manager, Residential Fire and Healthy Homes, Carrier Fire & Security. “This is part of Carrier’s Healthy Homes program, focused on creating smart, safe and healthy indoor environments.”
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms. The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms. With the average time to escape safely being as little as two minutes, every second counts in the case of a fire.
Rebecca Morpeth Spayne,
Editor, International Fire Buyer
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922