The Association for Specialist Fire Protection is seeking nominations for its range of Passive Fire Protection Industry Awards, which aim to highlight excellence in passive fire protection (PFP) and to reward those who contribute to the advancement of awareness, quality and education within the sector.
The 2022 Awards have been increased to a total of nine, with the addition of new awards for Best Customer Service; Best Marketing Campaign; and Highest Engagement of the Year. The Association’s full range of awards for the year will include:
- Passive Fire Protection Advocate: Open to all involved in fire safety in the built environment, this award aims to reward a non-member who can demonstrate that they are a major advocate for high quality installed PFP.
- Passive Fire Innovation: Open to ASFP members only, this will be awarded to an ASFP member company who has an exceptional example of an innovative passive fire protection product or service. For example, an installation method, new software or a new product.
- Best Installation Project: This will be awarded to an ASFP member who has undertaken the best installation project. Criteria to be considered include: difficulties encountered in installation (access, special site requirements, challenging conditions, product difficulties); overall quality of the installation; and third party and testimonials from satisfied clients.
- Lifetime Contribution: Open to ASFP members only, this will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional practice over a significant period of 20-plus years. This individual will have made an impact on people, organisations, or companies and displayed wisdom and depth of service/leadership.
- Training and Development: Awarded to a member company or individual who throughout the year of 2022 has completed multiple courses/training, developing themselves or their team. They will have broadened their knowledge and understanding within the sector.
- Individual Rising Star: This recognises an individual who has shown exceptional potential in a short period of time in the industry (less than five years). This person, who is not yet at a senior level within their company, shows promising signs at a young age (under 30). They strive to achieve success and results and are recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader of the industry.
- Best Customer Service: Awarded to a member company or individual who best demonstrates the importance of customer service.
- Marketing Campaign: This will be awarded to a member company of the ASFP that has delivered an effective marketing campaign that really catches the eye of the industry and demonstrates passive fire protection best practice.
- Highest Engagement: This will recognise a member company or individual who has used the ASFP benefits and services to the fullest extent, taking part in our marketing campaigns, events, committees and training.
Nominations are now open for all awards categories. All nominations should provide evidence of activities, products and services undertaken during 2022. To make your nomination please visit the ASFP website. The closing date for all nominations is 4 November 2022.
The winners of the 2022 ASFP Passive Fire Protection Industry Awards will be announced at an Awards dinner at the Park Regis Hotel, Birmingham on the 25 November 2022. The event will feature special guest speaker Mandy Hickson, a former Royal Air Force pilot who was one of the UK’s first female fast jet pilots. As author of An Officer Not a Gentleman, she will explain how she overcame many obstacles to succeed in such a demanding career and provide leadership and entrepreneurial anecdotes and advice.
To read more exclusive features and latest news please see our June issue here.