On the 22nd December 2010, a routine operation took a dramatic turn for firefighters in Chicago, Illinois. Two of them died and 14 others were seriously injured after the collapse of a burning building.
Since this accident many others have occurred around the world.
To prevent such accidents, a simple and effective solution to monitor movements of a structure and alert rescue teams of an imminent risk of collapse:
Designed by LEADER in collaboration with international experts in victim USAR research techniques, LEADER Sentry provides additional security of intervention areas on which are engaged rescuers, rescue teams, fire fighters, doctors, workers and other persons or victims.
With a simple program setting, the inoffensive laser ray of the LEADER Sentry detects the slightest movement of a structure or mass that may endanger persons: unstable building, vehicle accident, landslide, rockfall or snow slab…
Two LEADER Sentry laser sensors can be linked simultaneously to monitor two different structures or two axis of movement of the same structure. If the movement of the structure under surveillance exceeds the warning threshold chosen, a powerful siren and a flashing light are activated to warn of an impending collapse allowing rescuers to take security or evacuation measures.
LEADER Sentry monitor the stability:
• Of buildings during firefighting operations (fire damaged metal structures, wooden houses or building after a fire),
• During operations of USAR – Search for victims (after a collapse or natural disaster),
• During the work / inspections within dangerous underground structures (Galleries, tunnel, mines….),
• During emergency shoring and securing trenches and structures (Trenches, shorings…),
• Of constructions and temporary structures (tent, grading, football stadium…),
• During operations of construction (scaffolding, buildings under construction…),
• During securing of fragile structures (snow on roof of houses or stadium….) or dangerous unstable masses (cliffs, archaeological excavations, landslides of dangerous rocks, felled tree…),
• Of wreckage during Rescue on damaged vehicles and road traffic accidents (lifting of damaged vehicles (trucks, train…) or of structures during operations of road rescue (movement or collapse of a bridge or a road structure).
Strengths of the product:
• Simple and intuitive,
• One or two laser heads can be plugged on the same control box to be used simultaneously,
• A laser beam with a range of 30 meters (100 feet),
• A 98 dB alarm and a red flashing beacon enable teams warning,
• A quick and easy programming,
• A sharp adjustment by increments from 5 to 100 mm (0.2” to 4”) to determine the acceptable maximum threshold of movement depending on the structure and context
• A clear control screen showing movement in real time with the choice of measurement (meters or inches)
• Possibility of multi-sources power to be operational in all situations (batteries taken 12/24 V, taken 110/220V).
• An automatic switchover to AA batteries back up if the main power source fails,
• A telescopic sight enables to precisely pinpoint the laser on the targeted area,
Contact us: www.leader-group.eu