Intergraph’s Computer-Aided Dispatch (I/CAD) 9.3 leverages next-generation communications, improves mobility and safety, and reduces the time and cost to deploy new technologies. Our solution accelerates smarter decisions and speeds response while making the most of limited resources.
– Integrated Voice, Text, and Data – We help agencies transition to next-generation communications. Our add-on Intergraph Communications Controller integrates voice and text calls, providing complete call control and support for multimedia.
– Combined Call Control and Incident Creation – Intergraph Communications Controller integrates call control and call-taker functions in a single environment, with common functions available from the CAD map.
– Display of Incoming and Answered Calls – Our software gives you instant access to relevant spatial information to improve incident management. You can visualize voice and text calls on the CAD map – before they’re even answered – so you can begin call assessment earlier in the process.
– Better Interoperability – Our flexible architecture, combined with our EdgeFrontier connectivity solution, ensures your ability to interact with different communications systems and support future data types and services.
– Advanced Mobile Technologies – The latest mobile technologies give remote users access to live geospatial and supporting data on laptops, tablets, and smartphones, so they can make informed decisions in the field.
– Person-level Tracking. By tracking individual responders outside their vehicles, you can assess risks in real time and better manage resources.
– Situational Awareness. Our technology lets you share pictures and video associated with events to gain insight into what’s happening at the scene.
– Constant Access on Smartphones and Tablets. With Mobile Responder, field personnel have real-time CAD information wherever they go on mobile devices.
– Better Maps, Simpler Tools. Enhancements to Mobile for Public Safety include new maps that can align to the direction of travel, a convenient "patrol dashboard," and other user experience improvements.