Fire crew called out to remove microwave from YouTube prankster's head

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on whatsapp
Share on print
Microwave_oven_(interior)

Firefighters in the Wolverhampton, England were called out for an unusual task, as they had to free an internet prankster after he cemented his head inside a microwave oven.
The West Midlands Fire Service were called to a house in Fordhouses, located in Wolverhampton, and reported that it took them an hour to free 22-year-old YouTuber Jay Swingler from the device.
The service said that Swingler’s friends had successfully managed to feed an air tube into his mouth, enabling him to breathe a bit easier.
The Watch Commander, Shaun Darkin, was livid at the reckless nature of Swingler, as not only did crews from the technical rescue team have to assist in order to try and take the microwave apart, but had a more serious incident taken place while they were removing a cement filled microwave, they could’ve been prevented from doing so.
Darkin also stated that Swingler “could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured”.
“He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave,” Darkin said.
“The oven was being used as a mould and wasn’t plugged in. The mixture quickly set hard and, by the time we were called, they’d already been trying to free him for an hour and a half.
“It took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”
Swingler’s friends spent an hour and a half trying to remove the microwave from his head before the fire crews turned up, with Swingler’s head being protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Don't miss new updates on your email