EMS has launched an “all new”, second version of their Android FireCell Guide phone app. This free app is now fully compatible with all versions of the Android operating systems, including Ice Cream Sandwich, and is designed to run on both handsets and tablets.
The app has been rebuilt from the ground up to include new features and this version can be downloaded from the Google Play Store from Monday 13th August 2012. The app is designed for fire engineers and installers, and includes Quick Start Guides, Engineers FAQs and full product manuals for EMS FireCell products.
This app has been developed using a new platform, so the original app will need to be uninstalled and this new version installed. Following this, any updates can be completed automatically, depending on your settings.
Ray Puttock, Head of Marketing for EMS, comments: “This was the culmination of many months work to ensure FireCell users, installers and owners can have information literally at their fingertips! There are details about FireCell which will make this app equally attractive to those considering wireless fire protection”.
FireCell Guide contains the following new features:
• Available offline – FireCell Guide takes you through the full installation process of programmed and un-programmed systems without the need for a network connection
• Full System Installation Guides for programmed and un-programmed systems
• Engineers Questions – A range of frequently asked questions, such as how to put the system into test and how to add and remove devices
• Fault Diagnostics – covering how to diagnose and rectify system faults such as battery, tamper and disconnected faults
• EMS YouTube Channel – Links to FireCell ‘How to’ videos covering activities such as putting loops into fast test mode, testing individual devices and checking signal levels*
*Please note data connection required for this feature*
Please visit the Google Play store to download EMS FireCell Guide V2.