E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group, have recently announced the delivery of two E-ONE Custom Pumpers to Daytona Beach Fire Department in Florida. With the recent addition of these two pumpers, Daytona Beach now has an all E-ONE fleet.
Key features of Daytona Beach Fire Department’s Custom Pumpers include:
- Typhoon cab with 12″ vista roof, severe duty interior and dark tint glass
- Galvanised and powder coated frame for corrosion resistance
- 188″ wheelbase with 18,000 lb front axle and 27,000 lb rear axle
- Cummins 450 HP L9 engine with Allison EVS 3000 transmission
- Extruded aluminium rescue pumper body with full height compartments and ROM roller shutter doors
- Enclosed ladder tunnel for 24′, 14′ and 10′ ladders and pike poles and pry bar
- Wide upper roof-top compartments for additional storage space
- Waterous 1250 GPM pump with 780 gallon tank (750 water / 30 foam)
- V-MUX electrical system with driver and officer color displays, integrated A/C controls, integrated tire pressure monitoring and left, right and rear cameras
- Whelen LED warning and scene lighting
- AXIS Smart Truck Technology
“These custom pumpers are the newest members of our fleet for a total of six all-matching Typhoon pumpers. This provides our crews with the latest and greatest tools that meet NFPA compliance so they can be successful on the fire scene,” said Daytona Beach Fire Chief Dru Driscoll. “We hope to continue our relationship with E-ONE and REV Technical Center for years to come as our needs continue to grow as Daytona Beach grows.”
“With apparatus built to Daytona’s specific requirements, E-ONE is grateful that the department now has an all E-ONE fleet to serve its community,” said Larry Daniels, Director of Sales. “We are honoured that Daytona continues to trust E-ONE for all of its fire apparatus needs.”
For more on the Custom Typhoon Pumper, go to e-one.com.