Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service called after house fire in Bolton

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service were called out after a family of seven escaped a house fire that is believed to have started after cooking was left unattended. At 9.08pm on February 2, three fire engines from Bolton North and Bolton Central attended a house fire in Deane Road, Bolton. The four adults and three children had evacuated the property prior to the firefighters’ arrival. Thankfully nobody was injured. Firefighters wearing

London Fire Brigade

New London Fire Brigade firefighter rescues kitten on her birthday

London Fire Brigade firefighter Jessica New celebrated her 21st birthday by rescuing a kitten from a house fire in Wembley. Jessica has been a firefighter for just two months and the blaze on Page Avenue was the first house fire she has attended and only the second time she’s worn breathing apparatus at a live incident. She said: “Alongside Firefighter Liam Cronin, we went in to tackle the fire on